Friday, November 6, 2009

My home





Still need to put the finishing touches on this coffee table.









My Dining Room















Family Room


I love my new family room coffee table.  I sawed the legs off outdoor patio table, primed it and painted it.  I love it as it's so oversized and BIG!





I love dogs!




Here's my Cleo and Roxy!




Some of my dog collection























This precious little angel was made by Fletcher when he was in Kindergarten.


She is so precious to me!





I found this plate at a thrift store in Seaside, Oregon



It's has meaning to me, as my Father was a Longshoreman, worked on that terminal and drove across that bridge for most of his working life. 















More things I love in my home :)







My very special Aunt Mona gave me that wooden piece.  It's very special to me, I love her so!





These shells came from Seaside, Oregon and bring me so many special memories!





Glued this wooden ornate piece to my kitchen island and distressed it.






I grew up with two fabulous Hazelnut trees in my yard as a child!  Every fall I buy some :)








I made this pillow.  "LET IT BE"   I think in life it's important, we just let things be sometimes.  It's so difficult to accept things that "are" when we want to change them.







My daughter created this art of George Washington in 3rd grade.  She's now a high schooler, but I've got it hanging up at home :)









"The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it." 
- William James, American Philosopher



 



2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful home. How do you manage to keep your creams sofas cream!! I've given up - with my 5 dirty dogs,and 9 cats it's impossible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Abi :) My dogs and kids get mine super dirty too; all of my furniture is slip cover unzip style. All I do is unzip each cushion and take slip covers off and throw them in the washing machine. I'm so thankful for this! :)

    ReplyDelete